Sunday, November 11, 2007

Monthly Cooking For November

Here is my monthly menu for November. Each of the older kids picked out 3 meals they would like this month. Also added in is two nights were we will go out to eat.



On Saturday, November 3rd, I did my shopping for the things I didn't have for my Monthly Cooking for November. I spent $70, which is way more than I ever spend at the store, but this will basically provide all the meals I need for a whole month - so that's not bad.
This is almost everything I bought. I didn't have to buy any meat cause I already have a freezer full of meat that I planned my meals around.

For the rest of the month I will only need to buy staples, watch for deals and meat on sale for the following month, then plan December's meals around that.

This month hubby was doing lawn work so I was on my own. It wasn't too bad though, it took me about 4 1/2 hours. I'm still working out the details to improve my technique.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I couldn't do it...

Do you prepare all of the meals 100% or are there some things that you just prepare partially to finish off when you decide you're going to eat it?

Anonymous said...

It depends on what it is. When I made my Potato Soup with Leaks I only cooked the potatoes half way through. That way they could finish cooking when reheated. I was afraid that if I cooked them all the way through they would be too mushy after reheating.

If I am making a pasta dish - I only make the sauce for the pasta and freeze it. Then on cooking day I just boil the pasta and reheat the sauce. I do the same with Chicken Pot Pie. I make the filling for the Chicken Pot Pie and freeze. Then when I am ready to make it I just defrost the filling, pour it in a pie crust, add my top layer and bake.

 
ss_blog_claim=15fc83e6d1f065dca6d5efd98752e3ab