Wednesday, August 13, 2008

More than One Way to Bake a Cookie

While Blog Hopping this evening I was visiting Donna Freedman's Blog. She was talking about extreme savings and how Kimberly Palmer at U.S. News & World Report went searching the Internet for extreme savings. I think she found it when she came across Baking Bits where another blogger shared her experiment of: Car-Baked Chocolate Chip Cookies.

Although I thought this was such an amazing idea - I don't' think my kids would wait for 2 1/2 hours for chocolate chip cookies.

Which got me to thinking - wouldn't this be the neatest money saver? By using the heat of your car and sunlight to bake your cookies, not only are you saving money by not using the oven, you are also saving money by not heating the house up, causing the air conditioning to work harder.

Also, the 2 1/2 hours is perfect timing to do some shopping with the kids. What better way to bribe the kids to be good. The next time you have a whole day of shopping ahead of you, place the cookies on the dashboard of your car at the beginning of your shopping adventure. When your done shopping - whoola! Soft, warm chocolate chip cookies for the ride home!

2 comments:

Pinching Abe said...

I have heard of this before and think I might give it a try. I can wait 2-1/2 hours for some cookies... I'll just wait for another day in the 90s here ;0

Unknown said...

Just found your blog. I look forward to reading more tips!

 
ss_blog_claim=15fc83e6d1f065dca6d5efd98752e3ab