Sunday, November 16, 2008

Catching Coupons Before They Expire

I thought I would share my method of catching coupons before they expire. Even though I won't buy a product just because I have a coupon for it, sometimes there are coupons out there worth using or trying to use before they expire.

Most people, I think go through their coupons at the end of the month and weed out any expired coupons. Have you ever done this and found coupons you would have really liked to use, but now it's too late cause they are already expired? How about finding a coupon you really want to use but it expires in 2 days. Doesn't give you much time, does it?

You have probably noticed that most coupons expire on the last day of the month. To keep my expired coupons from going bad, I weed through my coupons in the middle of the month. I look for any coupons that will not be valid after the current month is over. I then put these at the very front of my coupon file. This way I can keep a better eye out on them and maybe try to use them before they expire.

Sometimes when you play the coupon game you might come across a deal and decide to pass it up and hopefully a better deal comes a long. Sometimes it does and sometimes it dosn't. If it dosn't your coupons is then left to sit and expire. By weeding through your expired coupons in the middle of the current month will at least give you a few weeks head start in trying to find a deal to use the coupon.

Remember, the deal is still in your hands. Don't use a coupon just because you have it or because it's going to expire, that's not what this is about. This is just about being able to keep a closer look out for the soon to expire coupons and hopefully match them up with a sale. If it's not a good enough sale or deal - pass it up even if it means your coupon expires.

0 comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=15fc83e6d1f065dca6d5efd98752e3ab