Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Back from vacation

Actually, I’ve been back for a few weeks now – but it’s taken me a few weeks to get things back in order and going again. Isn’t it funny? By the time you get ready for your vacation, go on vacation and get back - you need a vacation from your vacation.

So, ask me how California was? It was Wonderful! My husband’s parents are the most wonderful people I have ever met. I am grateful to them for raising such a wonderful son, whom I truly love. My mother in law really inspired me to be a better mother and wife, while my father in law is really an amazing and charming man. I also met my sister in law and her two children who are such neat kids. It was instant comfort to be around them and to get to know them.

We reminisced over old photos (or rather they reminisced). It was so neat to finally place photos to the stories my husband has told me over the years. They let us use their motor home so we could go to Morro Bay – Which was beautiful. We also took a day trip to Yosemite – which was breathtaking. I will have to post photos of all these wonderful places.

I’ll tell ya, I’ve only been out of Ohio a few times in my life – but never to anywhere as different and exciting as California. I am very easily entertained. Here in Ohio about the only thing we grow is corn and soybeans. So when I get to California and I see fields and fields of grapevine fields – I am amazed! Also, in California, the cattle ranches are HUGE! Here in Ohio we have these dinky little farms – nothing compared to the thousands of acres of cattle land they have in California.

I was also tickled to see real orange trees!



Actually, my in laws have about five of them in their back yard, and beyond their yard is a whole orange grove!

There were also palm trees –

All the mountains and hills that seem to go on forever also amazed me. There were tons of rock formations and ridges, like these:




I know to some this might be everyday stuff, but I'm just a small town hillbilly (who doesn't get out enough) and everything was truely amazing!

I think what shocked me the most is that California was nothing like what I envisioned in my head – but then nothing ever is…

0 comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=15fc83e6d1f065dca6d5efd98752e3ab