Thursday, December 4, 2008

People Throwing Away Money

Tonight I went through the UScan at Kroger and there was a strip of about 10 catalinas already hanging from the catalina machine. After scanning my order and paying I took my receipt and the string of catalinas and put them in my purse. After I got home, I took them out and looked at them and there was a couple really good catalinas, one being $2.50/$10 Fresh Pork.

$2.50 off pork!! I felt like I struck gold! There was also another one for $.45 off fresh carrots!

I was a happy camper, to say the least.

It's hard to believe someone just left these catalina coupons behind - unless maybe they were vegetarians and didn't eat pork? And maybe the $.45 off carrots wasn't enough to hassle with? Nah, something tells me they didn't even bother looking at them. And that's what I don't understand. With everyone screaming about the raising prices and downfall of the economy, Kroger is printing money from the catalina machines and people just pass it by.

Oh well. I guess that' where we pull out the old saying "What's one man's trash is another man's treasure" and I am instantly $3.00 richer with relatively no work involved.



Cashback rewards for eBay shopping

3 comments:

Controlling My Chaos said...

You are so smart!

Jennifer said...

Unfortunately not everyone realizes how easy it is to save money sometimes.

Anonymous said...

What a lucky duck you are! Not only to find leftover Catalinas that haven't been snatched up, but also to have them be good ones!

 
ss_blog_claim=15fc83e6d1f065dca6d5efd98752e3ab